For those of you that don't know, our little Austin was born with a webbed finger on his left hand. The doctor suggested that we wait until he was at least 6 months old and then have surgery to seperate it. So on May 14th, 2008 we took him up to Primary Children's Hospital where he had plastic surgery and a small skin graft to fix it. He did amazingly well for such a little guy (except for having to deal with a huge cast for 3 weeks just as he was learning to roll over). And now he's doing well and everything looks good.


"Look at my cool webbed finger! My daddy says it will make me a fast swimmer!"
Austin all dressed up in his hospital duds. Daddy giving him a kiss for luck.
Just coming out of surgery. "Maybe I can bite this thing off!"
"I guess I'm just a one-armed baby now." "What the heck is this thing anyway!"
Off comes the cast, finally! All better now.



No comments:
Post a Comment